1. Google Analytics is free and if you do not have an account it is easy to create one. Set up an account to see who is coming to your site, how they got there, and what they are doing.
2. Use your domain branded email address. ie kd(at)kdderr.com This helps drive traffic to your site with putting the annoying links in your email closing.
3. Using descriptive names for your images rather than img8647.jpg is much more effective than tagging.
4. Use word press. I think this is the best web organization product available today. I recommend adding these three plug-ins to your word press account:
Site Map Generator
Google Sitemap Generator
5. When updating your site it takes time for the search engines to realize you made changes. Set up an account with Webmaster Tools to upload your site map and tell the web crawlers to go look at your site.
6. Set up a Feedburner Account to set up RSS feeds.
7. Think of your website as a work in progress. Frequent updates to your site will drive more traffic because new data is ranked higher by search engines.